Snacking doesn’t have to be a bad word. Snacking is a great opportunity to add nutritious foods into your diet and can be a part of a healthy nutrition routine. Snacks help to bridge the gap between meals, stabilize blood sugar and provide mid-day energy.
By making some simple swaps focused on more nutrient dense foods, satisfying snacks can also be guilt free.
One key for healthier snacking is adding color from vegetables and fruits. A focus on adding in colorful vegetables and fruits paired with minimally processed foods can leave you feeling energized after snacking.
Here are 7 simple swaps to try out when you start feeling snacky:
1. Swap chips and salsa for fresh vegetables with yogurt dip, hummus or our current favorite dip, Bitchin’ Spread.
2. Swap pretzels and crackers for fresh vegetables and sliced apples with peanut butter and chia seeds.
3. Swap potato chips for baked veggie chips or crunchy cheese snacks.
4. Swap out pastries for berries with cinnamon seeds or seedy bar.
5. Swap out cookies or cakes with overnight oatmeal, baked oatmeal or no-bake energy bites.
6. Swap out milk chocolate, white chocolate and candy bars for fresh fruit with 85% dark chocolate or frozen yogurt bark.
7. Swap out soft drinks for sparkling water, tea, kombucha or water flavored with fresh fruit.
For even more healthy snack swaps, our dietitians are here to help! We provide custom eating plans for your unique goals and preferences. We’re here to help you reach your goals in the most effective and sustainable way. Schedule a complimentary call now to learn more about how we can help you with better eating habits and lasting healthy nutrition.
What To Eat Before & After Your Workouts
Enter your email for FREE access to the exclusive resource.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
100% privacy. No spam.