Craving tomato soup and grilled cheese? This super simple 5 ingredient soup is easy and you likely already have all the ingredients.
Here’s what you need and how to make it:
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes (whole, crushed or diced)
- 1 small onion, roughly diced
- 1.5 Cups liquid – chicken stock, veggie broth or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium pot, combine all the ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 45 minutes.
2. Turn off heat. Use an immersion blender or blend in small batches with in a traditional blender until smooth.
Note: when using a blender with hot liquids, only fill the blender jar 1/3 to 1/2 full, remove the center portion of the lid, secure the lid tightly, cover the blender lid with a clean kitchen towel and hold the lid securely while blending on lowest speed.
This recipe come from Registered Dietitian Madeleine Holloway. Schedule a 15-minute call with her today.