We are in uncharted waters with COVID-19. We are heading into the third month of stay-at-home orders and you my have found yourself in a less than ideal routine. Working with clients every day, I hear the struggles a lot of us are facing.
It is more important than ever to take care of ourselves mentally and physically. Fueling your body with healthy foods and staying active can help you stay mentally and physically well.
With that in mind, I put together a list of advice and guidance I have been sharing with clients. Hopefully it will help you as well.
- Prioritize meals and snack times
- Make meals quick and simple
- Fill 1/2 your plate with vegetables
- Spread complex carbs throughout the day
- Snacks with at least 7 grams of protein
- Explore food delivery subscription boxes
- Drinking .5-1 oz water per pound of your body weight
- Limit sugar sweetened and artificially sweetened drinks
- Schedule in daily time blocks for movement
- Get outside for at least 30 minutes per day
- Strength training exercises 2-4x/week
- Incorporate stretching and recovery
- Prioritize at least 6 hours of sleep
- Practice stress management
- Be kind to yourself
The bottom line: Stay on track by creating structure and health habits. Remember that small efforts add up to big changes.
Want additional support and accountability? That’s what we do!
Schedule your free call with a RESULTS dietitian to get started. We want to help you navigate this time.