Easy to make muffins, with many things you already have!
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour (optional: use half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ Cups plain whole milk yogurt (try vanilla, coconut, lemon or any mild flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ Tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with avocado oil or grease lightly with butter.
2) Whisk flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt, lemon zest, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth. Gently fold yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in melted butter. Do not over mix.
3) Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating pan 1/2 way through cooking, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe come from Registered Dietitian Madeleine Holloway. Schedule a 15-minute call with her today.