Deemed “the best cereal I’ve ever had” this granola is out of this world good and made with healthy ingredients from your pantry.
Serve with yogurt, as cereal with milk (like healthy Honey Bunches of Oats) or with PB and banana. Any way you like it – this granola makes for an an easy, homemade breakfast or snack.
Ingredients2 cups Organic oats (old fashioned or quick cook)
1/2 Cup chopped mixed nuts (or preferred nuts/seeds)
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, nuts, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt until evenly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla extract. Pour the wet mixture into the oats and combine.
4. Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Remove from the oven, add coconut and bake for 5 more minutes, until the granola is lightly toasted and golden.
5. Remove from the oven and stir. Let cool until the granola reaches room temperature.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.