Grab a rotisserie chicken at Whole Foods (on Saturdays, get them $2 off) and make yourself dynamite chicken enchiladas in under 30 minutes!
Get ready for whoever you serve it to beg for it again and again!
1 rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods
1 pack Frontera Foods red chile enchilada sauce
1 can Hatch Chile Co. medium enchilada salsa
8 organic Mi Rancho corn tortillas
1/4 cup Chosen Foods avocado oil
4 oz pepper jack cheese
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Pick rotisserie chicken and shred into bite sized pieces. It is easiest to pick a warm chicken, so do it when you get home from the store!
2. Mix both red chile and medium enchilada sauces in a bowl. Add 1 cup mixed enchilada sauces to shredded chicken.
3. Cut or grate cheeses.
4. In a small pan, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in oil at a time, fry for 5-10 seconds per side and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
5. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange a work station with tortillas, chicken and cheese. Reserve 1/4 cup cheese for topping. Spray a medium oven safe dish with avocado oil spray.
6. Fill tortillas with about 1/3 cup chicken and 1 tablespoon or 1 chunk cheese. Place seam side down in dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbly. Top with cilantro.
Tip: Make ahead and refrigerate 1-2 days or freeze 1-2 months before heating in oven. From the refrigerator, cooking time increases to 30-45 minutes. From frozen, cooking time increases 45-60 minutes.
This recipe come from Registered Dietitian Madeleine Holloway. Schedule a 15-minute call with her today.
What To Eat Before & After Your Workouts
Enter your email for FREE access to the exclusive resource.