Use browning bananas to make banana muffins (or bread)!
- 3-4 brown bananas (for every banana you don’t have, sub 1/3 Cup apple sauce)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup melted butter or oil (try grass-fed butter, vanilla bean ghee or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup white sugar
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar for topping
1) Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mash bananas and add eggs, vanilla, butter and sugars together. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
2) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to BARELY combine … the less mixing, the more fluffy the bread or muffins will be!
3) Spray muffin or bread pan with avocado oil spray or lightly grease with butter, add batter and top with sprinkle of brown sugar.
4) Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or bread for 60-65 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean.
Want something a little more WOW?
Add 1 more banana, mix in 1/2 Cup chocolate and/or mix in 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts. Perfect snack with pad of butter, crumbled over yogurt or with a spread of nut butter!
This recipe come from Registered Dietitian Madeleine Holloway. Schedule a 15-minute call with her today.