While I usually hate to mess with a classic, this lightened version of caesar salad passed the ultimate test. My husband hates yogurt more than he hates most things on this planet. He would NEVER eat something that he thinks may have yogurt in it and will begin (very maturely) gagging if he can taste any yogurt. I tricked him and didn’t tell him the ingredients. He ate the whole salad! Thus, I know you will like it too. Just please keep me secret safe…
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 appetizer salads
- 3 anchovy fillets, mashed into a paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (freshly grated is best!)
- salt & pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- Mash the anchovies with the garlic until it forms a paste.
- In a small bowl, whisk the paste, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and Worcestershire. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash, pat dry and cut romaine lettuce into 4 inch pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Toss half the dressing and half the cheese with the romaine.
- Stack the romaine leaves in a pile on the plate surrounded by the croutons.
- Top with the remaining cheese, and serve with the remaining dressing to be passed at the table.
– Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver.
– Add chicken or shrimp to make this a balanced meal.
– Skip the store bought croutons! They are so easy to make and you can use healthy, hearty bread. See recipe here
For more recipe ideas, tips and trends, contact us here